Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 27th, 2011 Last training hike at Tiger Mountain

Team Bonda took on Tiger Mountain at 6 am for our last training hike.  For the first time, the trail wasn't open on arrival.  Sandra, our mountain goddess who already finished a successful summit (yay!), joined us, which was awesome! We had a great hike up.  On top, food experimentation lab took place to figure what could be eaten/quickly cooked, at Camp Muir.  We finished our hike in great time and I was looking forward to the rest of my day, when, alas, I could not find my car keys!  I then realized I must have locked them in the trunk with my purse.  The day was not lost however, as Archana adopted me and took me on a needed shopping spree to REI flagship and then we ate brunch, followed by lunch with our families in the city.  Ajay and I then went back to the trail head only to wait 90 minutes for triple A! There is truly never a hike without an incident! 

No comments:

Post a Comment