Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 13th, 2011 Lake Serene

Roundtrip 7.2 miles
Elevation gain 2000 ft
Highest point 2521 ft


This weekend a trip in honor of Ajay's birthday was planned with the whole family to Sleeping Lady Resort in Leavenworth.  As I still had to get a hike in, Ajay, my dad, Maya, Chayya and I headed out before the rest of the family to hike to Lake Serene.  I carried my now usual 35 lbs.  The hike was beautiful with old growth forest, waterfalls and streams.  What made it slightly moderate in difficulty as opposed to easy was that all the elevation gain was in the last 1.5 or so miles in the form of 23 switchbacks.  This was fine for everyone except old Maya, who had to be helped at several points, but still she willed her way through.  My dad was, of course, the fastest on the hike.  He liked the hike so much he is going to join a hiking group when he moves to New Zealand.  Lake Serene, with Ajay's bad luck on hikes, was completely fogged in.  However the waterfall made the hike worthwhile for both training and enjoyment!
good thing dad was there to catch this stump from falling!

Bridal Veil Falls






No comments:

Post a Comment