Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 11th, 2011 Painful Solo Hike on Si

Distance 8 miles
Elevation gain 3700 feet
Highest elevation 4167 feet



Above the clouds at the summit of Mount Si

So I decided because of a busy weekend ahead to tackle my big hike on a week day.  I approached the hike like it would be no big deal.  I forgot to take my aleve, and had no music to distract me.  Carrying the 35 lbs up Si, my knees and feet were feeling it.  I made it up in 2:35 minutes, and down in 1:20 minutes.  I was completely in pain at the end.  That evening, I couldn't step on my right foot because I would get numbness and shooting pain down my 2nd and 3rd toes.  My knees were swollen up.  Maybe it was the lack of medicine or Si is just hard on the joints, but, by gosh, this hike totally brutalized me!
Every morning for the last few weeks,  my right ankle hurts when I first get out of bed, and if I step on my feet a certain way, I get the same shooting pains.  Uggh!  I blame the heavy pack.  Hopefully, this is the worst of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment