Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 16th , 2011 Boot Drauma at West Tiger

I went on a solo hike with Maya and Chayya on this lovely Thursday.  My boots started causing me trauma on the way up this time.  When I summited, I sat on a rock and took off my boots and got instant relief.  The way down only got worse.  First a grumpy man berated me for not having the dogs on the leash.  I warned every other hiker I passed (all whose dogs were off leash) about this guy.  Anyways, my metatarsal pain got so severe I was almost in tears.  I could barely walk.  I finally sat on a log and took off the boots again.  I contemplated walking shoeless the rest of the way but realized that would not be wise.  Many a helpful hiker on the way down, one offered to carry my pack for me.  It took me 90 minutes to get down, incidentally the same amount of time it had taken me to get up!  After the hike, I immediately went to REI to get   "superfeet" and cushioned socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment